Subsistence Allowances and Advances

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email


– see changes from last year

Employers Guide for Allowances :

Where the beneficiary is required to stay away from his or her usual place of residence for business and the accommodation to which that payment or advance relates is in the Republic of South Africa :

​Tax Year​Meals and incidental costs per day (R)​Incidental cost only per day (R)


A specific amount per country is deemed to have been spent in the case of any cash advance or allowance that relates to lodging outside the Republic of South Africa.

In the event of any cash advance or allowance relating to lodging outside the Republic of South Africa, a specific amount is deemed to have been spent in each country. A certain amount per country is regarded to have been used up :

More To Explore


EMP501 – Employment Reconciliation Declaration

What Is It? It involves an employer submitting an accurate Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501), Employee Tax Certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)s] to be issued and if applicable, a Tax Certificate Cancellation Declaration (EMP601). The three elements that must reconcile in order for your submission to be successful are the: Monthly Employer Declarations (EMP201s) submitted. Payments made (excluding penalty


Receive Your Tax Number Via SMS

SARS has added a new web feature, that allows taxpayers to have their tax reference numbers sent to them via SMS. All the client needs to do is, click on this link: Fill out their personal details on the form. Select the “What’s My Tax Number? “option under the query type drop down. What

Do You Want To Boost Your Business?

drop us a line and keep in touch

Scroll to Top