Download our FREE Quote Template in Excel South Africa for Small Business owners and Individuals
Need to send a quote to your clients to secure a sale? Download our CFO360 quote template to send to your future clients. It’s easy to use and can be edited to suit your company’s brand.
Download FREE Quote Template in Excel
– Easy to use
– Customise Branding
– Edit Quote Template
Free Quote Template for Excel
What if we told you we could save you time when creating quotes with our free quote template for excel? Well, you can! This template is easy to use and will help you keep your quotes organized by date.
What is the difference between an invoice and a quote?
Despite their similarities, a quotation is not the same as an invoice. Quotations are generally used to establish what price will be charged and when for future work on behalf of the customer; whereas invoices are typically sent out after such service has been rendered or goods have been delivered.
Why is it important to send a quote to your customers?
Quotations have several advantages for both buyers and sellers alike. Here we discuss a few factors on how it can be beneficial to your business –
- It gives a strong foundation for bargaining or negotiating with sellers for a better price.
- Quotes make it easy to compare different offers and find the one that is best suited for you.
- It takes the edge off of long waiting periods and is very useful when you’re order is in the pipeline for completion.
- The best way to get a look into how much something costs before you buy it is through a quote. This can make for expedited decision-making and no buyer’s remorse later on.
- It Speeds up the inquiries into the progress of the order.
- Quotes get rid of any uncertainties or misunderstandings that may occur which means the seller can close the deal with confidence.
- Quoting your customer can save you time by reducing the length of the rounds at the negotiating table.
- It presents a transparent idea of the price and any other related expenses.
- Functions as a foundation for a point of reference and it may also assist should any legal disputes arise.
- Ensures that the buyer and seller are on board with one another.
Tips on how to make the most out of your quote :
Always be open and honest
- When it comes to prices, being open and honest is always in style. Hiding the true cost of goods and services may seem like a quick fix for your bottom line but you will end up hurting customer loyalty more than helping. It’s not just about establishing professionalism and earning that all-important “trust” – it also means your customers have another person recommending them.
Stay systematic with our free quote template
- Preparing formal quotes not only makes it easier to keep track of your leads but will also help you segment each lead better. The trick to having a productive day is organization, you should therefore always carry around an official quote form so you can easily record your quotes on the go.
Follow up :
- Follow up with your potential clients to see if they have any questions or concerns following the quote. Having a sense of what type of customer leads are most likely to convert into sales will help you determine which customers need personal touch and attention, even after providing them with high-quality service that is sure to satisfy their needs.
Steer clear of underselling
- Electronic quotes are a great way to get the job done. The electronic system provides convenience when compared with traditional paper-based systems because it can be filed away digitally instead of having them cluttering up your desk or stored on hard copies that could potentially become lost.
Need some guidance om completing our free quote template for excel?
- You will see there is a space towards the right at the top of the page. Here you can paste your company logo.
- When you look on the top part of the page towards the left there is a space provided where you can insert your company name.
- You can easily amend the template by inserting the details of your company. Example – your physical address as well as all other relevant and necessary details.
- Just below the text that reads Quotation, several segments have to be completed. You will be able to easily customize the information to match your company details.
- Take care when completing the section where you have to insert your customer’s details. It is important to have as much detail as possible for reference purposes.
- Just below the box marked description, you can describe the outline of the solution or products offered to your customer.
- We have taken the time to insert the excel formulary so that it automatically calculates the amounts for each column which has to be completed to make it as user-friendly as possible. Simply complete each column carefully before moving to the next
- Under the section marked notes and instructions, you can make important notations about details that you have discussed with your customer that are crucial to remember.
- It is very important to request that your customer signs the quote to verify that they are happy and agree with all of the details and terms as set out on the document.
- Space has been provided and marked below the customer signature section where you can repeat your company contact details for ease of reference for your customer.
- Just below your company contact details towards the end of the page in the center space has been created to enter your companies physical address.
Below you van view screenshots of our free quote template for Excel :
What are the important features of a quote?
The following list will provide a detailed account of items and features that must be included in customer quotations.
- All quotations for contractual agreements or deals should include pertinent company background info such as name, address, and phone number. This provides evidence to show your legitimacy in demanding repayment from businesses that owe money like yours.
Total cost of the job:
- Here you display the grand total cost of the job you have agreed to do and that you have to be paid for. Focus attention on all particulars of the job that the asking price covers as well as all aspects that it does not cover.
Breakdown of the costs:
- Give a description of the project proposition. Lay out the factors included and provide pricing for goods supplied and workmanship.
Payment terms and conditions:
- It is compulsory for you to state your payment terms and conditions. Every payment type is subject to certain payment terms and conditions.
The date that the quote expires :
- You must be specific and supply the date that the quote will expire, particularly if costing fluctuates rapidly in your line of business. Remember to indicate if there is prospects to extend the offer.
Customers signature when accepting the quote :
- Both parties have to sign the quote to mark the document as legitimate.
Payment methods :
- How must the customers pay the amounts due to you? Avoid uncertainty by stating which payment methods must be used by your customer.