SA Paralympic heroes Mahlangu, Weyers and du Preez rejoice after striking gold in Tokyo and Surprise tax boost for South Africa.
South Africa landed four gold medals at the Tokyo Paralympics through long-jumper Ntando Mahlangu, 400m runner Anrune Weyers and Pieter du Preez in the mens H1 cycling.
Weyers, who fought off Covid-19 before she could get ready for the games, steamed to a win in the 400m T45 in a time of 56.05 while Mahlangu saved his best for absolute last when his world record 7.17m was enough to get him the T63 long jump gold. Watch the video here.
Pieter du Preez (43:49.41) won the gold medal in the men’s H1 cycling time trial to claim South Africa’s 4th medal of the Games.
Treasury has published its updated monthly government revenue and expenditure data, showing stronger than expected tax revenue. Gross government tax revenue amounted to R377 billion for the April to June 2021 period, up 56.2% versus the corresponding period in 2020.
Important Dates & Notices
Heritage Day on Friday 24 September recognises and celebrates the cultural wealth of our nation. South Africans celebrate the day by remembering the cultural heritage of the many cultures that make up the population of South Africa. Read more about it here.
Tax and Accounting Deadlines
Below are important tax deadlines to keep in mind for the month of September for individuals and companies.
- Filing Season – Filing Season for individuals normally runs from July to November (for non-provisional taxpayers), with provisional taxpayers having until the end of January to file via eFiling.
- Provisional Tax – The filing and payment by individuals of provisional tax (IRP6’s) is 31 August (1st period), 28 February (2nd period) and 30 September (3rd period)
All businesses that are registered for PAYE, must follow the schedule below:
- Monthly – the EMP201 must be submitted monthly – by the 7th of the following month or the Friday* before that day if the 7th falls on a weekend or public holiday.
- Provisional Tax- The filing and payment by companies of provisional tax (IRP6’s) is 6 months after year end (1st period), At financial year end (2nd period) and Six months after financial year end (3rd period).
- For those companies that have a February year end, September is the month by which all top up payments need to be done.
- Electronic (eFiling) – submission of the return by the 25th and payment of the VAT201 by the last business day of the month.
If you’re not a monthly client and are in need of these returns being filed, contact us to arrange that we assist with these returns.
Articles We Found Interesting
What is a Company independent review?
An independent review is a type of assurance engagement where the independent reviewer provides limited assurance on a set of annual financial statements.
At CFO360 we will advise you on the specific requirements of the companies act and will walk you through the process of an Independent Review or otherwise as required or advised.
To learn more about this topic please read through our article below.
Some More Interesting News…
- Surprise tax boost for South Africa
- SA Paralympic heroes Mahlangu, Weyers rejoice after striking gold in Tokyo.
- Apple chief executive Tim Cook gets $750m payout.
- Vietnam lockdown adds to global coffee supply concerns.
- China cuts children’s online gaming to one hour.
- Theses taxes could finance South Africa’s proposed basic income grant.
Spring has finally sprung! We hope you are just as excited about this new season as we are.
Wishing you a productive September. Take care and stay safe!
If you have any queries email us at [email protected].